Makita LS1016L Mitre Saw Review
As the DIY industry becomes more and more popular, more people are investing in bigger and better tools to tailor to their DIY needs. Mitre saws are perfect for a variety of jobs and projects. This page give a few example of jobs that can be done with a mitre saw. Although mitre saws can appear like a big and scary appliance, they are not complicated to use. Here is a website giving you a run down on how to use a mitre saw if you are new to the DIY scene.
What to consider?
There are many things to consider when deciding to pick which mitre saw best suits your needs:
- The mitre
- The depth capacity
- The width capacity
- Blade type
- Dust extraction
- Bevel type
While this list can be technical and overwhelming, it is easy to understand. This page gives a detailed description of each factor you will need to consider when shopping for a suitable Mitre saw. If you wish to dive deeper into the world of mitre saw shopping then this website gives an in-depth description of what to look out for when deciding which mitre saw to buy as well as when to use one.
Makita LS1016L Slide Compound Mitre Saw
Despite the vast market of mitre saws, this is the one that we recommend you buying. At £1,168.79 on Amazon, this saw is the one for serious DIY / project goers. Produced by one of the leading makers of professional industrial power tools (Makita), this machine does not let you down. It is able to get the job done easily and efficiently which is a necessity when you are working on a big job .
What are the key features?
This saw has a variety of features which allow the user to use the machine to its full potential and also allows the job to be done to a hight quality finish. Here is how the machine helps you do that:
- A built in laser guide which this allows for a more precise and accurate cut
- Easy to ready dual bevel scale
- A see though blade guard system which allows you to see exactly where you are cutting while adding extra safety
- Dual sliding fences which are quick and easy to adjust to suit a variety of materials
- Two stage lock off safety switch for safer usage
- Double insulated
As the machine comes with a lot of key features, there are lots of pros in choosing this saw:
- It is fairly light (23.7Kg) which allows businesses to easily move the saw around to other jobs when needed
- It has a great stand up cutting capacity for pre-finished materials
- The motor of the saw is on an angle and out of the way so you can see a back mark of the material you are cutting
- The laser is very accurate
- A double handled bevel lock makes it easier to opposite no matter what side of the saw you are operating on
- The quality control is superb
- Very long lasting due to the materials used and the quality of the build
However, just like every other product on the market, this item has some cons:
- Unlike other saws, this model does not have good dust collection which causes a mess when using it
- Many users noticed that the bearings were rough which could cause issues
- The users manual is poorly printed which can make the initial start up of the machine complicated
- It is a very expensive product compared to other saws
Is this saw worth buying?
As you can see, there are a considerable amount of positives compared to the negatives. However, this is reflected in the price. The extra money pays for the numerous key features of the saw which will be beneficial for big industrial contractors but may be questionable for domestic use.
While the Makita LS1016L mitre saw is one of the best on the market currently, it is also very expensive. Not everybody works in construction or in an area where such a big machine is needed to do the job. However, everybody still wants their projects to be finished to a professional standard. The Makita LS0815FL-240 V Slide Compound Mitre Saw is not only considerably cheaper than the Makita LS1016L saw but also allows you to achieve that professional finish. The only difference is that it does not come with as many accessories or features as the more expensive saw.
We do understand however that £483.00 is still a lot of money for somebody to pay out. Especially if you are new to the DIY / project game and do not want to pay out for a machine you may not use straight away. This page reviews the best sliding mitre saws that are under £200 allowing you to find the best saw suited for you and your situation. This page also reviews the best budget mitre saws to find you a cheaper deal still.
There is also the choice of cordless mitre saws which run on batteries. These are sometimes lighter to carry which makes it easier to transport as well as other benefits. Here is a page that details the best cordless mitre saws.
- Built in laser guide
- Easy-to-read dual bevel scale for more precise adjustments
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- Quick adjust, dual sliding fences can be adjusted outwards when bevel cutting or inwards for increased support of small or delicate materials
- Lock-off (two stage) safety switch for increased operator safety