Dewalt DWS780 Compound Slide Mitre Saw
Mitre saws are the cornerstone of any workshop. There are so many different types of mitre saws that you can buy, but the overall basis of it is that they are used to precisely cut a mitre joint (or an angled joint). Its job is to quickly aid your project with ease and accuracy, allowing for a safe and stress-free working environment.
Why Buy A Compound Slide Mitre Saw?
A compound mitre saw is a powerful and useful tool to add to your collection. They can also cut at two different angles which allows you to perform a variety of tasks. A compound sliding mitre saw has all the power and advantages of a compound saw as well as a sliding feature which allows you to the blade forward and backwards which allows you to increase the length that you can cut at.
What To Consider When Buying?
Any kind of mitre saw is an investment. However, it is important to keep an eye out for an array of features that will vary depending on the make of the saw as well as what type of saw it is. For new craftsmen who want to learn a new skill, it is vital that you pick out a saw that is compatible to the skill you are learning but also has the right features for you to advance. For already trained peronalel who have honed their craft, it is important that you keep in mind all of these factors in order to produce professional quality work. Here is a list of characteristics we recommend bearing in mind when planning to buy a compound sliding mitre saw:
- Dust collection – This feature is usually initially ignored when buyers plan on buying a mitre saw. This is a common mistake and they then tend to complain about the amount of dust that builds up while cutting. For the most part, you will not be using your saw outside which means that the dust will tend to clog up the room you are working in which can cause a dangerous working environment and the possibility of dust getting into your eyes. It is crucial that you look for what measures have been taken to reduce dust build-up when using the saw
- Blades – There are 3 typical blade sized: 8″, 10″ and 12″. The choice of blade size determines the maximum depth of cut. There is no use in buying a mitre saw with an 8″ blade if you desire a deeper, more versatile cut. It is also important to note the number of teeth the blade as this will affect the quality of the cut.
- Safety features – As when using any type of power tool, safety is paramount. You need to check what precautions have been taken to make the saw safe to use and if you are qualified to use the saw. Even professional carpenters with many years of experience will have accidents with a hazardous saw.
- The build and finish – Most mitre saws are made using aluminium or steel with guards, handel and leavers etc being made from long-lasting, enduring plastic. Manufacturers will try to save money by using cheap materials to build their saws, but this will only make you pay out for another product once it breaks. Most well known and establish brands, such as Dewalt, will invest in sturdier products to maximise safety and efficiency. The best way to avoid a poorly built mitre saw is to go to a store with some saws on display so you can clearly see what brand of saw you feel will be better lasting
- Lasers – This is a common method used by brands to ensure accurate cuts. However, some brands do cut corners which means that their lasers are either off centre or are too weak to be useful
Key Features Of The Dewalt DWS780 Saw?
The Dewalt DW2780 compound slide mitre saw is one of the best on the market and has many reviews praising is power and build. Its outstanding cutting performance with both big and small jobs makes it a versatile tool for any workshop and therefore an essential tool for both professionals and newbies. As a compound sliding saw, it is able to cut at a variety of angles quickly due to a quick release bevel stop setting, allowing you to get the job finished quickly and to a high standard.
Is The Brand Reliable?
Dewalt is a well-known, commonly used brand of tool with a heavy-duty durability finish. Very rarely will you find a plumber, carpenter or builder who doesn’t use a tool branded with the Dewalt logo. They put a lot of time and research into the production of their products to really get an insite into what the people want. Their Dewalt DWS780 compound sliding saw is no different, which is most likely why it has gone well so well with the consumers.
How Precise Is The Cut?
To stay in line with their brand ideals, Dewalt cut no corners when it comes to the precision of their DWS780 compound sliding saw. A high tech XPS shadow indicator gives a fast and very accurate alignment of the blade. The light allows you to see exactly what you are doing and where you are cutting regardless of your working environment, allowing for a quick and professional cut.
Should I Buy This Saw?
In short, yes. This compound sliding saw has everything that you may need, regardless of your skillset. It is quick and easy to use and Dewalt takes extra care to provide you with the best tools for any job, big or small. This is an investment, one that is long-lasting and will give you years of cutting joy.
- Outstanding cutting performance in both small profiles and large construction timbers up to 110 x 303 mm
- XPS Shadow line cut indicator provides fast accurate alignment of the blade while illuminating the work piece for increased productivity no adjustment required
- Heavy duty durability with the ability to fully adjust your machine to maintain accuracy over the life of the tool.
- Cam action mitre lock function makes mitre setting faster and easier allowing the user to quickly adjust angles between 0° - 50° left and 0° - 60° right
- Quick release bevel stop setting provides accurate and simple setting of bevel angles up to 49° left and right