Ryobi ONE+ Cordless Circular Saw
Any time of saw is an essential tool to have as part of an engineer's workshop. However, the circular saw is arguably the most diverse power tool to own. A circular saw uses either a toothed blade or an abrasive disc to create clean cuts through an array of material, such as wood or plastic. They are commonly powered by electricity but can be powered by a motor which is fasted to the hand-held equipment.
What To Consider When Buying A Circular Saw?
With an ever-growing interest in home DIY, an increasing number of people are becoming consumers for power-tool companies. This puts a pressure on companies to produce high-standard but inexpensive tools such as circular saws. To ensure that you are buying the right type of saw for you whether you are a newbie or a certified carpenter, it is important to keep these things in mind when buying a circular saw.
- Blades - Choosing the right blade for your circular saw is vital. Not only do you need to consider the size of the blade but also what kind of blade you want. Since the circular saw is such a powerful tool to own and has the ability to cut through various material, you need a blade that will fit the job. By default, the circular blade that is supplied with the initial saw will only be designed to cut through wood which means you may not need to buy another blade so soon. However, you should check what blades are compatible with your saw to save yourself time and money.
- Cordless or corded - Traditionally, circular saws come corded as they add more power to the motor of the saw. However, there has been a recent surge in cordless saws. These allow the user slightly more freedom in where they use the saws.
- Weight - The weight of a handheld tool is vital to know as it will give an indication as to how long you can hold the tool for when working. There is no point in buying a heavy circular saw if you need it for long-standing jobs as it will add unnecessary time and effort. Keep in mind that a cordless circular saw may weigh slightly more due to the added battery weight.
- Cutting depth and capacity - This will really allow you to see how versatile the saw is and both these things will depend on the size of the blade you use. The bigger the blade, the deeper the cut can be which will be useful for deep materials.
- Dust extraction - Dust extraction is a vital safety point when it comes to any type of saw, but especially hand-held saws. This is because sawdust has the potential to irritate your eyes, ears, mouth and eyes making it a dangerous distraction. It will also affect how well you can see where you are cutting which will affect the quality of your cut. Saws will either use a dust blower or a dust vacuum to try and rid you of these issues, however, some can be unreliable so double-check reviews to see how well the saw copes with dust.
- Blade lock - It is mostly cordless circular saws that will come with this feature. The blade lock is a simple lock that stop the blade from moving while you are trying to change it making the whole blade changing chore safer and easier for you.
- Warranty - This should be something that you keep an eye out for with any tool, but seeing as you are more likely to be using a circular saw often, it is possibly more important to check the warranty on these products. Typically, most cordless circular saws will come with a 2-year warranty. Of course, this will change depending on where you are buying the saw from and what brand of saw you decide on. While this is a safe thing to have, it also suggests that the manufacturer is confident in their product.
Why Should I Buy This Saw?
Ryobi's ProGrade RWS1250-G Cordless circular saw operates using an array of innovative features. As a company, Ryobi tries to reflect a sense of efficiency and safety into their work. This is no different for this product. With a large community of users that trusts and relies on the brand, they deliver time after time with a flawless performance.
With a 7.5" blade, this circular saw is able to cut an array of wood depths which make sit one of the most versatile and diverse tools of its kind. With easily interchangeable blades, there is no stress when you want to cut a different type of material that isn't wood.
As for the actual design of the saw, it is simple and lightweight (3.7 kg). This allows you to use it for an extended time which in turn allows you to get the job done quicker. It also means that you will be comfortable while making repetitive cuts which is a very likely ask for any job.
In terms of the warranty, not only is it simple to register for but for this circular saw, it will last up to 3 years. This is an impressive and reassuring amount.
- Royobi ProGrade RWS1250-G Electric Circular Saw 190mm Blade 1250w 240v with Spare Blade Worth £21.95
- Circular Saws
- Pack of 1
- Rescu3 Extended Warranty (Registration card Included)
- UK Specification