Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Screwdriver Set Is The Wera Kraftform Komapkt VDE Interchangeable Blade Screwdriver Set!
- Most regularly with 2 specific screwdrivers
- Includes 2 x Kraftform insulated handles and 15 interchangeable
- 17 Piece VDE Insulated set is designed for the Professional User
- Kraftform Kompakt VDE 60i+iS/62i/65i/67i/17
- Multi-component VDE Kraftform handle with anti-roll feature
The Best Screwdriver Set Reviews & Buying Guide
Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or a professional handyman, having a complete screwdriver on hand is a must if you want to be able to do various repairs and a standard screwdriver is often not enough, which is why you need a screwdriver set with multi-bit drivers.
Having multiple bit driver sets on hand allows you to assemble or disassemble nearly any kind of furniture without you be restricted by the size of your screwdriver, quality screwdrivers will often have a hardwearing screwdriver handle and can hold up to long term use.
But with so many different screwdriver sets on the market, finding the best quality screwdrivers set to add to your power tool collection is not always an easy job, so we have saved you time by rounding up the best screwdriver sets out there and comparing them below in our reviews.
Our Favourite Screwdriver Set! -
The Wera Kraftform Komapkt VDE Interchangeable Blade Screwdriver Set (Editor's Choice)
For people who are after a professional screwdriver set that meets VDE standards and has adjustable torque, this more expensive Wera set could be worth checking out.
Main specs of this screwdriver set are its 15 piece interchangeable blades which measure 154mm, the Wera Kraftform screwdriver set also has adjustable torque ranging between 1.2-3.0Nm. The holder screwdriver design is insulated and has soft grips and hard grip zones depending on the type of work you are doing.
All of the bits and screwdrivers are stored within its Wera case for ease of use.
Overall, this high-quality screwdriver set by Wera is perfect for professional use if you don't mind spending a little more money for durability, it's application of torque is useful for tightening jobs and the slim design can fit in tighter spaces.
Negatives of this screwdriver set by Wera are its durability with users reporting the head of the screwdriver to snap even when the appropriate bit and torque was used.
- Handy storage bag.
- Adjustable torque.
- 15 piece interchangeable design.
- Soft and hard grip zones.
- Insulated handle.
- VDE standard for electrician use.
- Screwdriver is said to have low durability.
Our Affordable Runner Up - The Draper 5721 VDE Interchangeable Insulated Blade Screwdrivers Set
The Draper interchangeable screwdriver set contains two individual screwdrivers handles and can be switched between 10 different fitting screwdrivers bits for different jobs.
Design-wise, the handles of the screwdrivers are well insulated and can be used on live circuits of up to 1kV AC and 1.5Kv DC. The screwdrivers blades are hardened too for durability and can be used on extra torque types or precision screwdriver which are provided.
Both screwdriver insulated handles and bits are in a storage roll for ease of use and organisation.
Overall, this Draper insulated screwdriver bit set is excellent value for money with a low selling price and perfect for use around live circuits or tight spaces due to the individual screwdrivers small handle.
The bit holder screwdrivers blade is also very durable and can live up to long term use.
Drawbacks of this screwdriver set by Draper have to be its plastic casing which is said to make it difficult to open and access the bits, the heads of the screwdriver are also said to wear down after a few uses.
- Interchangeable head with 10 different pieces.
- Insulated handle for circuit use.
- Hardened blades for durability.
- Storage roll.
- Two screwdriver type handles of precision and torque.
- Poorly made plastic casing.
- Heads wear down after few uses.
Wera Kraftform Kompakt VDE 17 Universal 1 Interchangeable Screwdriver Set
The Wera Kraftform Kompakt interchangeable screwdriver set features a standard screwdriver that comes with 17 different individual screwdrivers bits.
Its design of the bit driver blade is 154mm long and has a VDE kraftform handle with an anti-roll feature to stop the screwdriver from rolling off surfaces. Each handle of the screwdriver is well insulated and can take up to 1000V when tested.
Cushion grips are included on the multi-bit driver handle for lower user fatigue and all screwdriver types can be stored in the foldable compact storage case.
To conclude, this Wera Kraftform screwdriver set is an excellent choice if you want a straightforward screwdriver that you can use with different bits easily, the driver provides an excellent grip in tight spaces and has good storage space thanks to the foldable casing.
Downfalls of this screwdriver set by Wera have to be its handles which have been said by some users to wobble during use, others have reported the variety of screwdriver bits to be brittle too.
- 17 different screwdriver bits.
- Fold up casing.
- Ergonomic ball grip.
- Insulated handles.
- Anti-roll feature.
- 154mm long blade.
- Brittle bits.
- Handle has been reported to wobble.
Klein Tools Insulated Screwdriver Set
If you are looking for a high-quality screwdriver set with their individual screwdrivers handles rather than an interchangeable system, this Klien tools model could be right for you.
Feature-wise, the screwdriver set comes with 5 different pieces included such as; a 2.5mm screwdriver, 4mm screwdriver, 5.5 cabinet screwdriver and number 1/2 PoziDriv tips. It uses moulded insulated handles with VDE standards and has an ergonomic design for extra comfort.
This selection of precision screwdrivers allow you to get to stubborn screws in awkward spaces thanks to the end slim design and it has an anti-roll feature to stop your driver from rolling around during use.
Overall, these individual screwdrivers by Klien Tools are of excellent quality for high performance and meet electrician professional requirements for safety.
These screwdrivers are also very durable unlike cheap screwdrivers and can withstand heavy-duty consistent use.
Negatives of this Klien tools insulated screwdriver set have to be its overall build quality which has been reported to snap under light torque use.
- Individual screwdrivers with insulated handles.
- Five different pieces.
- VDE standard.
- Ergonomic design.
- Can access tight spaces.
- Said to snap under light torque.
BOCHAMTEC 100-Piece Magnetic Screwdriver
The BOCHAMTEC screwdriver set includes 100 different pieces of screwdrivers with the bar being made out of chromium-vanadium for durability and the magnetic tip helping to remove screws with ease.
Notable specs included with this kit are; 60 pieces of screwdriver bits, 6 pieces of nut driver belts, 23 piece screwdrivers, 8 pieces precision screwdrivers and 2 offset screwdrivers. Each screwdriver can turn 360-degrees and has an ergonomic design for comfort.
To conclude, if you are after a budget screwdriver set with a large number of accessories to remove volumes of screws, this magnetic screwdriver kit from BOCHAMTEC is a suitable choice.
The screwdriver set has nearly every kind of bit and design you could think of for DIY and professional use and its magnetic tip comes in useful for getting rid of screws too.
Downfalls of this magnetic screwdriver set by BOCHAMTEC have to be its grip which is said to be of poor quality.
- 100 different pieces.
- 360-degree rotation.
- Magnetic tips.
- Ergonomic design.
- Poor quality grip.
Which Is The Best Screwdriver Set For DIY & Professional Use?
To round up our best screwdriver set reviews, the top set on our list with a great range of bits and high durability has to be the Wera Kraftform Komapkt VDE Interchangeable Blade Screwdriver Set.
This Wera screwdriver set comes with an excellent range of interchangeable screwdriver bits for precision or high torque work and is VDE rated for professional electrician use too. Its adjustable torque allows you to use the screwdriver for a variety of applications.
As a more affordable alternative, we would also suggest checking out the Draper 5721 VDE Interchangeable Insulated Blade Screwdrivers Set, this screwdriver set by Draper is excellent for reaching screws in tight spaces and is perfect for professional use because of its insulation.
We didn't place this Draper model as our number one due to its poor casing which is not great to travel around with.
What To Look For In The Best Screwdriver Kit (Our Buying Guide)
Now we have reviewed and found the best screwdriver kits on the market for all your DIY needs, it's a good idea to get to know what features you need to be looking out for in your best model.
We have put all the info in our short informative buying guide down below.
Top Features To Consider In Your Best Screwdriver Kit
From the type of screwdriver kit you need to the materials the bits are made out of, there are plenty of essential features you need to be watching out for in your top screwdriver kit.
We have listed the most important specs to consider down below.
- Type of screwdriver kit - First off, when deciding on the screwdriver kit you need, it's important to think about what you will be using the screwdrivers for. If you just do general DIY, then you can typically get bits and drivers of any kind, however, for specialised professional use such as for an electrician, you would need a VDE approved screwdriver set for safety.
- Tips - The tips of the screwdriver set should be durable and hardened so as they cannot wear down easily, some of the best models have magnetised tips for ease of picking up screws.
- Type of heads - Consider the type of bit heads that come with your screwdriver, flatheads are often used for furniture while Phillips crossheads are used for fastening. You should also look out for; Torx, Robertson and Hex key heads.
- Material - Material-wise, the best shaft material for your screwdriver is chromium-vanadium steel as they can hold up to long term heavy-duty use. Some screwdrivers may be made out of plastic which often is not as durable.
- Interchangeable/separate - Multi-bit screwdriver sets are awesome if you are short on space as they can just be interchanged out onto one screwdriver and aren't fixed to avoid making the driver bulky.
- Handles - The handles of your best screwdriver set should be ergonomic and pleasant to hold for long periods, for electricians, this handle needs to be insulated too.
- Size - Depending on how often you DIY, this will determine the size of the screwdriver kit that you need, for example, if you are doing projects often or professionally you need a more expensive kit with a wider range of bits and accessories, but for average use, this kit can be smaller.
Our #1 Screwdriver Set For All Your DIY Projects
Our number one screwdriver set is the Wera Kraftform Komapkt VDE Interchangeable Blade Screwdriver Set because of its interchangeable high-quality design which saves space and can be used professionally thanks to its insulated handles. The model also has adjustable torque to give you more control over heavy-duty projects.
We suggested checking out the lower-priced Draper 5721 VDE Interchangeable Insulated Blade Screwdrivers Set too due to the screwdriver sets slim design which can access awkward angles and has VDE approved certification for professional use.